Sunday, September 18, 2016

SUNSET COVE TO STARPORT MARINA

July 28/29- We left Sunset Cove Marina just before 9:00 am as we had a bridge we had to get through right around the corner from the marina. We have another five locks and we are in Lake Simcoe. We are planning to stop at Starport Marina as Mist had a problem with a vibration and thinks he may have to change a prop. We arrived at the marina at about 2:00 pm and received our slip assignments. Mist stayed on the gas dock as he will be pulled out in the morning and we were just around the corner in the outside slips. We live just around the corner from this marina so I called my sister to come and pick us up. We took Hunter and his things with us so his Mom could pick him up at our house. We opened the house and let things air out a little, turned the water system back on and I proceeded to cut back some of my bushes along side the garage that had become overgrown since we have been away. The next morning Dave got my car out of the garage and  headed into Orillia to get a new licence for my car. While he was gone I spent the day digging out grass that had grown up through our back patio. I washed down the spiders off the front of the house and washed the doorway and windows off. I was taking back my house! When we got back to the marina Mist was back in the water good as new.

We had a bridge just around the corner from the marina
Thorah Island in front of us as we enter Lake Simcoe
Mist crossing Lake Simcoe with us

No comments:

Post a Comment